Monday 6 June 2011

Brown Sugar, Bondi


Over the weekend, Mr Ladybird and I headed to Brown Sugar in Bondi to try out somewhere new for our traditional weekend brunch. We have our favourite haunts that we frequent time and time again, but with the weather so gorgeous we decided to head to Bondi to enjoy the sunshine.

We arrived at around 10am to a bustling and funky little cafe. We settle in and order, only for our food to come out within 10 minutes - now that's speedy service!

I have the leek & herb omlette ($14) with marinated fetta, rocket, roasted tomatoes and toast.  And it's good, more like a crepe with the fetta, rocket and tomatoes enveloped within - very satisfying. I also go a little crazy and order a chocolate milkshake ($5.50) too, and I suddenly feel like I'm 10 years old again! It tastes just as good as it did way back then.



Mr Ladybird sips on his latte ($3.50?) and tucks into his vegie black stone ($15) - english muffin served with mushrooms, tomatoes, poached eggs and hashbrowns. The hashbrowns are scrumptious.. nice and crunchy and perfectly seasoned.



And are you ready for the egg yolk money shot?!


The only disappointment of our dining experience was being asked to move tables to make room for a group that had just arrived a the cafe. I would normally be happy to oblige, however, on this occasion politely declined as our meals had been served and we were already eating... This has never happened to me before, and I did find it a little odd, perhaps even rude... Tell me, has this ever happened to you before?



Brown Sugar
106 Curlewis St
Bondi NSW 2026
Ph: (02) 9130 1566
http://brownsugarbondi.com.au/

Brown Sugar on Urbanspoon

Ladybird x

9 comments:

  1. To be asked to change tables while you are eating is very odd! I'd love a chocolate milkshake right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe my english is too bad - but they asked you to move cause more - paying - customers arrived? what on earth? is that normal over there? i am from germany..and nobody can say you have to move your place except if they told you before that the table is reserved for a certain time! but all the food look great! but its kinda bitter with that moving...i hope i understood something wrong *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love milkshakes as a nostalgic treat every now and then :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those hashes do look yummy and that egg yolk shot is definately on the money *drool*
    I normally wouldn't mind moving either but I'd be annoyed if it was while I was eating too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always ready for an egg yolk money shot. Teehee, at brunch at Proud Mary on the weekend, someone ordered a milkshake and we all got excited. It's been so long since I had one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great eggy photo! If you've started eating a meal, all bets are off about seating. If you're just having cake and coffee... maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you have just succeeded in making me so homesick. Brown Sugar was always our go-to place at Bondi. The blackstone eggs are superb- but the pancakes with fruit and yogurt were always what I went for. They're stupendous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If they serve milk shakes, I'm already sold, but I got to say, that looks like an awesome place for breakfast.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails