Tuesday 30 November 2010

Blogger Tag - Who, me?


When I was a child, I didn't really like playing tag - largely because I have 3 older brothers who always ran much faster than me, and who used to tag really hard! Now that I'm all grown up and have immersed myself in the blogging world, I was delighted to be invited to play along in this game of blogger tag. Nominated by Julie of Gourmet Getaway, I have been asked to reveal some information about myself in response to these questions:


1. List five foods you could you never bring yourself to eat?
Foie grois
Squab
Kopi Luwak - not quite a food, but rather a drink with an interesting method of preparation!
Century eggs
Haggis

2. Share your happiest food memory.
Oooh such a tough one - so many memories to choose from! I have many from my childhood growing up in a house with 6 kids. However, in my adult life one of my happiest food memories would have to be on my honeymoon in Paris in 2008. We had a picnic on the floor of our hotel room, just metres from the Arc de Triomphe. It was very simple fare including a bread stick, cheese and a few salads from a deli near the hotel. We ate and sipped on french red wine whilst listening to french radio. It was so simple and absolutely romantic that I will always remember it - a very happy food memory.

3. What would be your most embarrassing fashion moment?
In primary school I begged my mum to buy me a colourful sequin encrusted baseball cap and I thought I was sooo stylish wearing it. Looking back on it now, I cringe! My God it was hideous!!!

4. Finish this sentence, “It drives me mental when….”
I ask staff in restaurants about vegetarian menu options and they offer me fish. Vegetarians by definition do not eat any meat, including fish. People who eat fish are called pescetarians. It's not their fault though... a lot of people don't know the difference between the two, so I should be more patient...

5. Finish this sentence, “There is nothing better in life than…”
a warm hug, a hot shower, fresh bread, a nice cup of tea... and family :)

6. You find a magic lantern and are granted one wish from the Genie of the lamp, what would your wish be?
That I could become a full-time food blogger dedicated to trying out recipes, reading cookbooks, trying places to eat, and sharing it with the entire world!

7. If you had one hour of invisibility what would you do?
I would play cheeky pranks on people I know... I do have a mischievous side... hehehe ;)

8. What made you decide to share your life with the world via a blog?
I guess two things - I love to bake, and I am very passionate about changing people's perceptions about vegetarian food. It doesn't have to be nut roasts and mung beans eaten by people wearing tie-dye and excess body hair :P I want to show people that vegetarian food can be sophisticated, unique, nutritious and above all, delicious! And a quick disclaimer - I'm not a meater-eater-basher either... I have no issues with people eating meat (believe me, I was not always vego so I know exactly what it feels like to be preached to!).  I believe that if it's good food, whether or not it contains meat should be incidental :) I just want to share my foodie experience with others and I feel that food blogging is the perfect platform for this. I have met so many wonderful people along the way... the food blogging community is like one big happy family!


So there you have it - now you all know a little more about me!

So dear readers, why not reveal a random fact or two about yourself too!


Ladybird x

7 comments:

  1. I loved your answers! Your food moment is just gorgeous, so romantic! Thanks for playing along it is great to get to know a little more about the person behind the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang on... waiters often offer you fish options when you enquire about vegetarian options?! Vegetarianism is really not that difficult a concept to grasp, yeesh.

    I think we can all hope you are never granted invisibility ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute idea Lady bird!

    P.S - my boyfriends family aunt, uncle and cousins claim to be vegetarian but blow out on all seafood- so they are some of people that are causing your dilemma- it also drives me INSANE. Actually, when I organise conferences some peeps also claim to be vegetarian but will eat chicken. Go figure. I have pointed out that chickens and seafood are animals - but just shut my mouth now. No point in arguing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie - Thanks for inviting me to play along!

    Hi Conor - yeah, you'd think so!

    Hi GG - omg, so frustrating! Why do such people they say they're vegetarian then?! No wonder we vegos get a bad wrap at times! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats for the tags and it is great to know a little more about Mrs Ladybird!
    Had a good laught when reading number 4 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh gosh, I absolutely agree with your five foods you could never bring yourself to eat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails